Many people have wondered “how to dunk a basketball”, even though they have played for a long time.
There are many reasons why people can’t dunk.
One of the most common mistake made is wrong exercises and not enough stretching.
1. Lose Excess Weight. Losing more weight will help you jump higher and easier as your legs don’t have to work as hard.
2. Squats are great to develop a powerful hamstrings which increase the explosiveness for your jump. Doing leg raise exercises will enhance your whole lower body muscles needed to jump higher and stay air borne longer.
3. Calves are another muscle groups that need to be improve to assist your jumping ability. You can do calve raises on the stairs or benches.
4. Strengthen your core muscle groups such as abs, backs and hips. Your body work as a whole to keep you balance while levitate on the air. By working out these muscle groups, you will jump higher and stay air borne longer. That’s why sometimes you see a guy jump and it looks like he went up again.
5. Protein is very important for muscle growth. Make sure you eat lots of protein. The amount of protein daily intake (g) should be equaled or greater to your weight (lbs). Protein helps you create new muscles needed for your high jumping test.
6. Proper stretching can’t be missed after each practice or game. Without proper stretching, your muscles can’t developed fully and you might run the risk of injuring yourself. Even professional athletes, NBA players stretch before and after every single game and practice.
7. Consistent plays an important role in your daily practice. To be able to see great results in 3 weeks, you must train hard and stay focus. Make sure don’t over trained yourself, take enough rest and eat well.
8. Track your results while you are working out. Try to measure yourself jumping up trying to grab the rim. Try to overcome and improve from your last workouts. If last week you squatted 150 lbs, this week, you might want to increase the weight by 5-15 pounds.
9. Speed is very important in dunking the basketball. Every great dunkers and jumpers are fast runners also. The faster and stronger you get, the higher you will jump.
10. Jump all the time and just trying to dunk or grab the rim with your hands. If you have reach the rim, try to add weight to your body and keep jumping.
Check out the best exercises you can do http://2jumphigher.com/]jump